Sunday, September 4, 2016

Feedback Thoughts


I like the article “5 Tips for Taking Feedback like a Champ”, and I feel like it most relate to me. When I first received a negative feedback, I was very shock and became very defensive. As I growing up, receiving feedbacks becomes a part of life, and so, I grew out of being defensive. However, sometimes, I let the negative feedbacks define and limit me. After reading this article, I realized I need to use different perspective to view the feedbacks. I would like to apply the second tip which is to view feedbacks and motivation message that I have to room to grow better. I have some experience in giving feedback in my previous classes. My method in giving feedback without hurting the other is asking question or giving suggestions like “I like how you are going with your story, but is it adding that details making it too confusing? What do you think about adding more description about this part?”. I learned this method from one of my class. My professor told us to give productive feedback instead of only giving complimentary or bad comments.

Feedback. Link

1 comment:

  1. This post is interesting to me because it really is too easy to give negative feedback instead of productive feedback. The goal is ultimately to be positive and encourage improvement in another's work instead of in sighting insecurity and doubt in the work. Encouragement and being constructive really is key is giving criticism in every aspect of life but especially when reviewing another's work.

    ReplyDelete