Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options

For the week 2 reading, I decided to choose one reading from each unit.  I have not decide which one I will read first, but these choices are my favorites.

Classical Unit: Ovid's Metamorphoses
I like this set of readings because it contains various stories.  Some of the stories I already know, and some I have not read.  I hope to learn more about Greek mythology that is less known to the public instead of famous story like Homer's Iliad and Odyssey.

Biblical Unit: Women Saints or Bible Women
As a Catholic myself, I really want to know more about my religion.  I chose these two set of stories because I want to know more about the women role in the biblical story.

Here, I listed the possible readings that I want to read for the upcoming units.

1. Chinese Fairy Tales - I personally read many Chinese fairy tales and folklore, and some of my favorites are the story of Daji, Journey to the West, and ghost stories by Pu Songling.  Pu Songling's Liaozhai Zhiyi and Journey to the West known as two out of four famous masterpiece of Chinese literature.  I hope this reading will be as exciting as them.

2. Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories - After reading "Ouke no Monshou" manga in my teenage years, I fell in love with Egypt's mysterious history and myth, and I am also a fan of Mummy 1 & 2. This is why I chose this unit.

3. Japanese Mythology, Japanese Fairy Tales (Ozaki), Japanese Fairy Tales (Lang) - As a manga fan, I don't think I need to explain any further about my choice.  I plan to read at least one of these set of stories if not reading all of them.

4. The Voyages of Sinbad - I watched the Adventures of Sinbad TV show growing up, I really want to know if the story is better.  First thing I noticed is there are less adventure in the story than TV show itself.

5. Ovid II ,Ovid III - Sorry, but I can't get enough of Greek mythology!!!

Age of Mythology Gods. Wiki





No comments:

Post a Comment