Friday, August 26, 2016

I'm really glad that Laura assigned this Growth Mindset assignment.  Through the videos, I realized that I have a fixed mindset because I fear of change and challenge.  I used to be "Question Girl", asking about everything when I get a chance, and now, I just try to pass my classes.  Like the students in the video, my confidence was shaken when I first receive a "B" when I started at OU.  I was in shock.  I could not believe that my effort was wasted, but now, I see that I might not try hard enough.  There were things that I could have done better, but I chose to accept my limitation.  Because of this mindset, I lost my curiosity in learning new things.  With this Growth Mindset activities throughout this semester, I hope to change my mindset and become for more active in my learning.

Confront your fears. Growth Mindset Memes

1 comment:

  1. Looking back on this now after spending 12 weeks in this course, has your mindset changed?
    I also have been afraid of change and challenge. I went to a very small high school and critical thinking was none existing. EVERYTHING was laid out for you and some teachers would baby you so much. I was not prepared for college and I knew it by the first week. I felt as if I just graduated kindergarten, not high school. I was so lost and insecure of myself and my capabilities. I realized it would get better, I would find a groove and style and make it through college. I now graduate in a month, and would not have made it if I did not change my mindset and adapt to new environments, note styles, studying styles ...etc.

    ReplyDelete