Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My Favorite Place

Visiting Japan has always been in my bucket list.  Although I've never been to the country, I already have a list of things I want to do there like wearing a kimono, bathing in the outside onsen during winter, seeing Japan's famous cherry blossom during its season, eating the street food at the night food festival, and much more.  Besides the personal cravings, I also admired Japan's preservation of its rich culture through food preparation, dance, costume, and cultural practices. I really hope I can visit Japan one day.

Cherry Blossom Illumination in Inokashira Park. Source: Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is great, Jennie: even if it is not the same as being there, you can certainly use this class as a way to visit Japan... through the magical flying carpet of stories! There are some Japanese story units coming up in class, and there are so many Japanese books online you can use as resources if you want to do a Japan project. You'll be exploring this free online library later in Week 2, but if you want a sneak peek now, here are the Japanese books there: Freebookapalooza: Japan — enjoy!

    ReplyDelete