Monday, August 29, 2016

Reading Notes: Ovid's I - Part A


Deuclion and Pyrrha – I wonder “What evil deeds have mankind done?” Could this be the way that Mother Nature used the gods’ hands to recreate the mankind into more perfection? Why choose rocks as a part of creating new human kinds? The new mankind is more fit to the world they live in, the world of Olympian gods not the Titans. I can write about how Mother Nature tries to make the perfect human kind.

Io, Semele, Callisto– Poor Io for enduring suffering! I want Hera to punish Zeus instead of Io because it is not her fault that Zeus raped her. I think Hera did this because she cannot direct oppose to Zeus since he is the ruler of gods. I want to create a plan where Hera can tame Zeus, and I want to make Zeus suffer. It will be interesting if Zeus is loyal only to Hera. I can write about how Hera can prevent Zeus’s cheating or punish Zeus.

These are more like pondering questions when I do the readings. These will help me retract my thoughts.

Bibliography: Ovid's Metamorphoses I by Ovid - link to Part A


Hera Goddless and a Bird. DevianArt

No comments:

Post a Comment