Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections


For reading assignments, I think I made many good choices in choosing my readings because I enjoyed all of them. I think I enjoyed the Asian unit the most because I was able to read some Japanese mythology. I was able to read most of my readings, but I have problem in writing reading notes. My problem is to write out my ideas about the story I want to tell without telling it. Sometimes, my notes did not meet the required minimum amount of words. I think I still need to practice my note-taking skill. For upcoming readings, I planned to read “Marriage Tales” and “Inuit” for Week 9-10, “Celtic Tales” and “Canterbury Tales” for Week 11-12, and “Italian” and “Russian” for Week 13-14.

As for story, I think I improved in comparison to my first few stories. Now, I can fit the whole story within the given word limit. I still have to work on my grammar issues. Currently, I am working my stories for the project. I hope I can keep my ideas flowing.

In commenting other people’s stories, I learned a lot from them. Some of the classmates are very talented. They created a brand new story based on the original version. Unlike me, I usually created a background story or the after story for the original version. As for project’s feedback, I think I did a decent job, but there were few authors that did so well, it was difficult for me to look for flaw. I will continue to work hard on giving useful feedback.

Medusa. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment