Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Starting the semester, I have try to change my mindset to a more productive and active mindset.  But bad habits die hard.  I tend to go back to the old mindset when I relax my mind.  Because of this, I did not make much improvement that I wanted to achieve.  At least, I improved in learning from past mistake, being open to all feedback,and focusing on my own progress.  Right now, I am trying to increase my interest on my major classes instead of viewing them as workload.  For this class, I don't have any problem with self-interest, but this is the class where I challenge my comfort zone.  Since I am not a good writer, I tend to be nervous when I write due to my bad grammar.  Through this class, I hope to improve my writing skill, to open up on feedback, and build self-confidence.  So far, I accomplished one goal, but I am working to accomplish all the goals by the end of the semester.
Self Interest Meme. Link

2 comments:

  1. The end of the semester is the hardest to stay focused!! I am also struggling with letting my mind relax and not getting anything done. This class has been a real challenge for me. I have always struggled with both reading and writing. I lose interest very quickly while reading and I just have always hated writing. I agree with you on the comfort zone level, I have always been terrified to let people read my stories and give me feedback. I think this class has helped us grow as writers and move pass tho fears/ obstacles we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way when it comes to my major classes. I think if I viewed my classes as what I am interested in instead of something I have to do, I would find more enjoyment in my work load. I also like this class because I love to write, but sometimes I get it in my head that it isn't very good. This class has helped me build my self confidence in my writing while also working on getting and giving feedback. Good luck in the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete